Wednesday 10 August 2011

Ice Jewellery - Clare Mutch




In 2006 I started to do jewellery parties in the evenings after the birth of my first child, whilst my husband ran our jewellery shop in North Devon.

Really it started out as just a hobby; I was at home all day with my newborn son whilst my husband was at work and I missed not having any customer contact. I had an idea that I could bring the store to those customers that, for whatever reason, couldn’t or didn’t want to go into the busy town centre. A very good friend of mine offered to host my first party at her house, so I took a sample of the jewellery ranges we held in the shop, displayed it all on her dining room table and from the guests that she invited, took orders to the tune of just over £600! Not bad for 2 hours work. From there I got 2 more bookings, then at those parties I gained further bookings until by Christmas of 2006 I had a party booked for almost every evening. October and November were pretty busy months and I had to turn potential hostesses away as I just couldn’t fit them in!
 
I really started to see the potential of Party Plan from then on but didn’t have the resources to make it as professional as I would have liked, at that time.
With this in mind, over the next 4 years my husband and I slowly built up the Party Plan business (and managed to have another baby!) by introducing others to join our team and offering incentives for people to host their own party.  As a party hostess they would received a free gift and 10% commission in goods, so most hostesses tended to get their order for free! When money is tight that’s a really great incentive to host a party!
 
We are now one of the UK’s fastest growing jewellery party plan companies and are offering our opportunity to anyone who wants become a consultant with us. Consultants purchase a kit that contains all the essentials they will need to get partying straight away. They then have the potential to earn 25-30% commission on everything they sell. The www.icejewellery.com website has a fully interactive Party Plan area for all our consultants so they can even earn full commission if their customers place orders online.
The opportunity fits perfectly into any busy mums lifestyle as most parties are performed either in the evenings when the kids are in bed or during the day at baby/toddler groups etc. when you can take them with you!

We now have over 50 consultants nationwide and are constantly on the look out for likeminded people who love our jewellery and want to earn a great income too.  Being a family run company we understand the constraints of day to day family life so set no targets or hassle for bookings.  In fact we have just been shortlisted for ‘Flexible Company of the year’ by www.mumandworking.co.uk which we are very proud of. 




Twitter: @icejewellery

Ice Jewellery
22a Green Lanes Shopping Centre
Barnstaple
EX31 1UH


T 01271 327788
T 07951 738890
 
We also run a networking site www.partyplanunited.com for anyone in or thinking of joining party plan.  We have had over 250 members join since launch in May 2011 representing over 40 different Direct Sales companies.  Our aim is to offer a one stop shop for anyone thinking of joining a company for them to get honest answers all in one place.  And also to provide a great source of helpful training, list of events and networking opportunities for those already with a direct sales company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.