Tuesday 28 May 2013

Work Uniform Maintenance Tax Rebate

Have you worn a uniform as an Employee in the last 6 years?

Were you paying tax at that time?

Did you wash, mend or replace it yourself?

Then you could be eligible for a tax rebate!

If you have had to wear a uniform for work in the last 6 years and you are responsible for keeping that uniform washed and repaired, it is worth contacting HMRC to ask if you are eligible for a Work Uniform Maintenance tax rebate.

Even if your uniform doesn’t have a recognised logo but you only wear the clothes at work, it is worth putting a claim in.

Have a look at the original post for more information.

I have put together a couple of draft letters for people to download, edit and send to HMRC to make a claim.

If you currently wear a uniform and have had no other employment that you may be eligible to make a claim for in the last 6 years click HERE.

If you have had more than 1 job in the last 6 years where you have worn a uniform and may be eligible to make claims click HERE.

Please feel free to download, amend and send it to HMRC, but PLEASE let me know by commenting below and come back and tell me how you get on in a couple of weeks.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.